Jyoti Panigrahi new chairperson in Orissa Women Commission

Bhubaneswar,(IMC Bureau) Jyoti Panigrahi today took over as the fifth Chairperson of the State Commission for Women (SCW) in Orissa.

Panigrahi, a retired professor, had earlier worked as the Vice-President of the ruling BJD before joining the post.

She has the task of handling close to 8,000 cases pending for disposal.

“Though the assignment is new to me, I am confident of fulfilling its objectives”, she said.

In days ahead, Panigrahi a number of high-profile cases like the alleged involvement of ruling BJD politicians in Sanjita Dhali case and Paikamal gang rape case are likely to come before her.

The post of the SCW chairperson was laying vacant since Namita Panda retired in February this year. The Director of the women and child welfare department Usha Padhee was temporarily in charge of the post.

22 Responses to “Jyoti Panigrahi new chairperson in Orissa Women Commission”

  1. smitha19 Says:

    Respected Ma’am ..i hv been physically and mentally tortured by my husband.l am a hose wife though I hv done my M.Sc. M.Phil In Life sciences.I was also a RESEARCH SCHOLAR under UGC . Have 2 grown up daughters .am beaten often very brutally .i need your advice.. Also my father A physician ( doctor) has expired and he had helped us monetarily.Now all property is in my husband’s name .. I don’t earn .so can’t take a drastic action for my daughters. Am also a anxiety – depression patient, but for last 3 years am ok because of good treatment of my doctor.He too advised my husband not to use abusive slangs and not to beat inhumanly . But no change ..i again drown into depression..please advise ma’am .My email address – smithatripathy79@gmail.com.regards.

  2. Heera Says:

    Mam i have complaint against my step mother in law , father in law and her son and daughter. Due to distrubance my family .plz help me .i want to talk details .pls help me my mail id sahoo.heera@yahoo.in

  3. Debasis panda Says:

    Mam , Due to distrubance my family, my father_in_law & mother _in_law took his daughter by forcely from me .And give structure regularly & wants to re_marriage another person.but she is not agree that.plz help..plz help…I want to talk details with you.my no,9778705900……Its Most urgent mam….plz help…

  4. Debasis panda Says:

    Sir, Due to distrubance my family, my father_in_law & mother _in_law took his daughter by forcely from me .And give structure regularly & wants to re_marriage another person.but she is not agree that.plz help..plz help…I want to talk details with you.my no,9778705900. Sir, Due to distrubance my family, my father_in_law & mother _in_law took his daughter by forcely from me .And give structure regularly & wants to re_marriage another person.but she is not agree that.plz help..plz help…I want to talk details with you.my no,9778705900.

  5. Debasis panda Says:

    Mam,For family distrubance my wife has gone her fathers house.now she want to come with me,but her aunt & father distrub her.And planning marriage her another person at somewhere bhubaneswar.But she is not agree.pls help her…..and suggest her family …pls mam help…..I want to talk with u details..my no,,9778705900…


    Namaskar madam,
    I hv complaint fr a lady..who captured my fathr totally aftr she had shadow,Fr her many distrbnces r creating in my family alwys……she was telling lie to my mom whn my mom asked her about my fathr …n my fathr is alrdy dittached from us fr her…….whn my mom talkd to my fathr about dat lady….he did arguemnt with my mom n also beating somuch wid out any reson…….my mom n I tried somuch fr compromise dis prob…bt dat lady n my fathr doesnt care it…….. I want some punishmnt through some disscusn by their…….kindly plz help to me n my family..thank u mam

  7. bikash chandra behera Says:

    Respected Madam,
    I have complaint against my father because he is torture mentally and physically reason he is relation with some other woman and that woman doing black magic from last 8 years and we have face lot of problem for this we are help less because due to my mother safety .if my mother go to police station then that women threaten to her .
    our residential address.
    at/po- bharigada


  8. surya kanta Rout Says:

    provide justice to Women Person. Not affter death of female. You listine hers problem because Iteshree, Sunita Rout a nursing student dead for Collectors did not provide justice, so, stop dead of Female Person. Any female Person complain at your commission investigestion start from your side. Stop dead of female person for did not get justice so, they are suside her self.

  9. prakash sarbhang Says:

    The Chairman, women commissioner,
    Sub: (Exposition of callousness by the I.I.C. Tarbha police station in the report lodged by the undersigned petitioner).
    With respect, I smt.Sukanti Sarbhang W/O Sri Sarat Ch.Sarbhang of village-Laxmimunda, P.S-Tarbha, would like to intimate your good self to the few lines as hereunder for favour of your necessary action.
    That, my husband Sri Sarat Ch. Sarbhang was working as a teacher in Laxmimunda U.G.M.E. school since 11 years and was functioning as headmaster by order of D.I. of school ,sonepur.
    That on 04-08-2014,my said husband proceeded to his school by 10:30 am and remaining for a short time there, he returned from the school to own residence and told me that he is going to village Tarbha and since then he is not seen any where till to date and our family member are sincerely and diligently searching about everywhere and his whereabouts are not known as yet . We got a paper slip on his own handwriting on 05-08-2014 in our residence alleging his school committee members and C.R.C.C. i.e Surendra Karmi (president of school committee), Rajin Sarbhang (member of the school committee.) and Bishnu Mahala (cluster resource centre co-ordinator.) that they will be responsible for his would be death. The matter is reported by me in writing at the Tarbha police station before the I.I.C. Tarbha and despite our repeated and sincere request to him, he is not enquiring anything from the person named in his paper slip, the copy of which has also been supplied to him.
    With in one month period to his leaving home, he was complaining that the new school committee members Surendra Karmi and Rajin Sarbhang along with C.R.C.C. Bishnu Mahala were seriously objecting to his remaining in the post of headmaster and were forcing him to handover the charge of headmaster. At the same time they were untidily mis-behaving him by aspursing him being “GANDA”and Un-touchable by caste and rebuking him with filthy language and also saying that they have promised to oust him from the school and will not allow him to enter in to the school and thus torturing him for which he was seriously and shocked mentally injured and ashamed of for the un-wanted words given out by them for which I feel, the absence of my husband has been cause by the illegal actions of the above named persons and they will be squarely answerable to my said son’s future un-foreseen happening.
    I,therefore request you to be kind enough and direct the I.I.C. Tarbha or any other police personal of Sonepur to enquire in to the matter and action may be taken against the afore mentioned persons.
    Your faithfully

    Dt.- 04/09/2014(Thu)
    Name:-Sukanti Sarbhang
    W/O :-Sarat Ch. Sarbhang
    At-Laxmimunda , P.S-Tarbha,Dist-Sonepur

  10. ganesh Senapati Says:

    Regards. I am ganesh senapati.presently . My hole family felling too much sorrow since two month.My elder sister she had married in kendrapar dist dihapada village. It was arrange marriage.this is my number 00971551332013 just miss call me.i will explane you all mater. please save my family and save to my 55 year old father.now I am out of country.save to my sister . Please misscall to me.my email :senapatiganesh358@gmail.com.

  11. Archana Says:

    Dear Madam,

    I am Radha, I am cheated by my husband after divorced by him in 2002. I am getting only 3000/- from last 12 years though he is a doctor.

    Please send me your contact details.
    I need your guidance in my case.

    Contact no: 9438291562

  12. Debasis palai Says:

    how to contact Women Commission plz suggest me its urgent ………..my email id is debasis.palai86@gmail.com and my no is 9937632969

  13. Arup Says:

    Dear Madam,
    I have gone through net to get the mahila comiission phone no or mail address. I am not able to get this. How can i contact you. My cell no – 9437610373
    Thanking you

  14. surekha swain Says:

    Respected madam,
    . I am from the Tamando,via- janla,dist- khurda had married with the native place of Subash ch.swain’s daughter.From my wife’s words to me her father subash ch.swain daily beating to her mother.No one can not help her.so plz do actions for that occasion.
    Address of Subash ch.swain
    plot no-154


  15. tutu Says:

    Sub – Murder of my daughter for Dowry

    Respected Madam,
    Myself Indramani Muduli vill-Khatua Patana, post- Sundar Pur, Via- Dhusuri, Dist – Bhadrak In the year 2012 Dated on 15/07/2012 I married my daughter to Subas Rana son of Sahedeb Rana,Mother- Rukmani Rana, elder Brother- Dinabandhu Rana, Sister in law – Kuni Rana. After marriage Her family members were started torturing and mentally harassing her demanding a motorcycle as we had already provided them Rs. 1,50000.00 in cash plus other ornaments in marriage. We requested them to give us some time to make an arrangement of money for motorcycle. In December 2013 I bring my daughter to my home to change of atmosphere and to give her mental peace. but after few days the elder brother of son in law taken her back to her in law place . At that time as per their demand we paid them a sum of Rs. 30000.00 for Glamour motorcycle. But on 6th March 2014 we got the sad news on phone by their neighbors that my daughter is no more.they killed her and flewed away. Only her mother in law is arrested and taken to police custody rest all are absconded.

    Therefore, you all are requested to take necessary action and do in my favour.
    I am attaching all the documents for your kind reference

    Thanking you
    Yours truly
    Indaramani Muduli
    Phone no. 9556128568,7750869345.
    Khatua Patana, Bhadrak.

  16. Himashu Says:

    Respected Madam, My name is Himanshu. My elder sister married since last 9 years in Rourkela. Her husband is creating domestic violence, previously it was started verbally, now its came with physically. Fortunately or unfortunately indirectly in her laws also involved in this. He is a professional drunker and lots of crime petitioned against him by other people in all police station at Rourkela. He is not doing any job, he is dependent on his late father pension only. 4 days back he came after drinking at home and started beating my sister up to mid night, same thing i came to know late night, and i took help from my relatives. After that at 02:00 a.m she went to Raghunathpali police station with a petition, however police didn’t received her letter, police caught him at the same time but after 2 hour relieved with out taking any step against him . Same morning at 06:00 again he is giving threatening over phone. Now she is staying with her 8 years old boy in my relatives home at rourkela. Here i needs to mention that its not only her matter but also her 8 year son’s career. In which day this incident happen from that day on wards her son is not going to school. Its a domestic violence as well as he is spoiling his son’s career. Madam i am not a professional person to do fight with them, so its my humble request to you help my sister through me. I unable to get any perticular number of mahila commission. Please help me …..
    Thank you
    Himanshu – 096664006663

  17. Tigmangshu Bhusan Nayak Says:

    Resppeted Madam,I am Sri Tigmangshu Bhusan Nayak My sister was mirried in patrapur ,aul in kendrapara district ,so we need your help please guide ous.please give me your mail id & phone no ,My mail id is tigmangshu@yahoo.com,mobile no 08100617463 &My fathers Mobile no 9938850099,pls help us.I remain your’s Fathfully Tigmangshu Bhusan Nayak

  18. Shweta Says:

    respected mam,

    i just want to ask that filing a simple case of personal matters; will it be considered mindfully? Does mahila committee solve only political problems? We are aware of whats going on in our society! And we are the victims of fraud in a money case. oney , will we helped for teaching a lesson to those frauds? Shall we step ahead as it is a”DASTAK” for us and even our society?
    Hope you will take our problems into consideration.
    Yours Sincearly,
    Citizen of INDIA.

  19. Ramachandra Mohanty Says:

    I am unable to find out postal address and phone number and email address of mahila commission of odisha which may be given in the web site and may please be sent to my email ‘rcm934@gmail.com’
    Yuour’s faithfully
    Ramachandra Mohanty, Baripada 757002

  20. Dr rasmita samantaray Says:

    Mam women commission no doubt are working for benefit of a women but mam u havent yet done any thing for domestic violence gng on in homes of womens..mam though staying in bhubaneswar since lot many days I dont find any reason to say that domestic violence here has reduced..so mam I request you to enter every womens home and take a survey of this domestic violence..mam u have man power,u have govt to support u mam please do send ur people to do an survey.mam to inform u our family are also a part of such an violence

  21. Dr.Alaka Pattnaik Says:

    I have a complaint to you that Madam I am working as Vety.Asst. Surgeon,Gochhapada,Kandhmal since May’2010.I am performing my official along with field duties to the best of my ability.But in due course one lay man named Rohita Konhar of Tambisuga village,G.P-Salaguda has recently threatened me to dire consequences if i will not run as per his direction at that area.please give me suggestions as wellas kindly take necessary actions as per law to punish him.Its my sincere request to you.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: